Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What a great day!

Today was SO fabulous!

First... I woke up to find two eager beavers working on my backyard.  In the last 10 hours my little yard  has gone from "jungle junk yard" to "ohly oasis"!  Don't worry, this was planned...  I knew they were coming...

Next... I watched some morning TV with my faithful companion, Sampson, and answered some emails... checked my phone messages, etc.  Of course everything on TV looks better now that I'm watching it on an HD TV (so crisp... so clear... yay!)

I left the house at 10:30, stopped by Starbucks, did a few errands... O.K. maybe this doesn't sound uber fabulous to you, but after wandering around the house in pajamas and feeling loopy for the last few days, it was exciting to be awake (and WANT to be awake) for more than a half hour at a time.

I confirmed an outing for Wednesday, talked with Cathy and made plans for Thursday, and Saturday... AND found out for sure that my Aunt Jeannie will be visiting in a couple of weeks.

I like having some fun field trips on my agenda!

I know I'm supposed to be feeling more and more tired in the next few weeks, and even though I know I MAY need to cancel some plans, it is nice to have a few things to look forward to and to feel motivated about something (again, rather than that loopiness I mentioned earlier)...

I met with my physical therapist at 2 p.m. She showed me some interesting new stretches to relieve the crazy shooting pains I've been getting in my right arm and my neck feels a LOT better now!

O.K. so here's the REALLY cool part... I got to see a whole bunch of friends from school at our association meeting at 3:30.  It was great to see so many familiar faces all in one place at one time talking about school stuff.  There was food and Jamba juice, too.  Being in a group setting instead of planted on the couch watching TV... catching up with everyone and talking about "normal" things instead of finding out who the baby's daddy is or Oprah's secret sister... had kind of a relaxing effect on me.  I'm glad I have so many good friends around me and that I was able to spend time with them today.  I am rich in SO many ways.

To finish off the day (yes I've been awake this whole time...  not a single nap!) I went and had an aromatherapy facial at Santana Row (a most excellent last minute decision) and got some Chinese take out - MY favorite.

So I didn't win the lottery or go sky diving, but today was a really great day.  If you were one of the people I was able to be with today - thank you - you made it fun. 

Now I think I'll turn in for the day... after all I have plans tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment