Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today is the DAY! ("yay" and "ugh")

I'm heading into Kaiser at 11:30 for my first chemotherapy treatment.

After a long talk with my Aunt in Colorado, and Lisa in Livermore, I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole thing (not that I"m NOT worried and dreading it, but I'm glad we're getting this party started). Thanks a TON to everyone (especially Susie) who has answered my questions about chemo and hair loss and wigs... and EVERYTHING.

I went into a different wig store yesterday on a whim and found a wig I really, really like...  AND it isn't going to break the bank (if I decide to purchase it).  I don't think I've ever had hair looking that good before.  As much as I understand the idea of having a realistic wig after I lose my hair, this is (hopefully) the only time I'll be able to have such "pretty" hair.  I'll let you know what I decide. Maybe the wig shop lady will let me take a picture and I can post it for your opinions.

OK - time to finish my last bit of laundry, make my bed, and pack up my gear (I'm bringing Eclipse, my Just Get Me Through This - breast cancer book, People magazine, my laptop, and Mama Mia on DVD).  With all of this I'll probably end up sleeping for most of it.  I tossed and turned all night last night.  I was ex-HAUSTED, but no matter how much Sampson tried to get me to settle down, I really only rested my eyes a bit... very little actual sleep.

Ah well, such is life!  I'm signing off for now.  I'll check in again later.  I hope that YOU have a great finish to YOUR week and a super weekend.

Peace, Love, and AOT (for those of you who know what AOT means)

No comments:

Post a Comment