Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Is it December 21st already?

Tuesday, December 21st...

Had my MRI done this morning.  No one told me about the line they needed to put into my arm so they could inject contrast dye half way through.  I don't like these types of surprises.  I was really wishing someone was with me to hold my hand.  It was supposed to be "just" an easy MRI...  ear plugs in, hold still, no deep breaths - I've got this.  But now you tell me I need a needle in my arm? Oy.

After wards I met up with Jennifer and we did errands (yay, something normal).  We went to Whole Foods, Aaron Brothers, Old Navy, Red Robin, and arrived at my pre-op appointment right on time.

3:30 Pre-op appointment

OK, so... I will be injected with a radioactive liquid tomorrow at 3pm.  No, I won't have super human strength... nor will I glow in the dark (bummer, both of those would have been kind of cool)...  The liquid is injected so the surgeon can locate my sentinal lymph node more easily.  This is the first thing she will remove.  It will be tested by a pathologist while the surgeon is doing the rest of her work.  If the pathologist finds cancer cells in that one lymph node, then the surgeon will proceed further and remove the rest of the lymph nodes around my left arm pit area.  If the pathologist does NOT find cancer cells (hold your breath and keep your fingers crossed), then I'm good to go.  Well, I'm good to get stitched up, taken home, and loaded up with Vicodin at least.

I still have SO much to do tomorrow!  I can hardly believe it is already "time".  At least I can use this to get out of seeing that Yogi Bear movie.  But if you're interested in going to see The Fighter, Black Swan, or the King's Speech I KNOW I can rally for any or all those.


Looks like I'm going to miss a lot of work during chemotherapy.  That was a big "revelation" for me today.  I guess it will be better to stay away from those germ infested adolescent teenagers while my immune system is thrashed by chemotherapy.  Ugh.  I know I complain about my job and some of the wild things students do, but ugh... ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh... ugh.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, December 22nd

This will be a good time to finish dusting, buy a new plant for my bedroom, do the last little tiny bit of cleaning I need to do, and have a large helping of leftovers for lunch (and probably dinner).  Plus, I know there's an apple pie (from Whole Foods, thank you very much, Jennifer Berube) in the kitchen and ice cream in the freezer.  Yummy yum yum yum!

4 comments:

  1. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way girlie! AOT all the way!!

    La

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now, let's hold out hope for those super powers! You never know. Would you prefer flight or invisibility?

    Much love and positive mojo coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of thinking "missing work," think "focusing on self" (maybe that's because I never really "miss" work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine -
    Let me try this again!
    Your Mother and I will always be there for you and you are always in our thoughts and prayers. Your positive thoughts reverberate to all who come into contact with you. We are confident that you will put this thing "to bed" and also, because of your very positive outlook, you will be an example for others in the future.
    We love you!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete