Friday, March 11, 2011

Chemo Round 3 - Finito!

Just a quick update...

Chemo #3 was on March 3rd...  11:30.  It only took 4 1/2 hours (much better than the 7 1/2 hours the first time around, and 6 1/2 hours the second time).  Dad hung out with me, we sipped our Starbucks, and surfed the web. 

I learned how to give myself neupogin injections so I could prevent another bout of neutropenic fever.  Seven days - once a day - tiny little needle, punched into my belly... It is now seven days later and I think I did a splendid job, if I do say so myself.  The shots are a MUCH better option than a hospital stay.

Things are going well.  I'm at my low white blood cell count stage of my third post-chemo round, so I'll be staying in for the next few days.  I was super energetic the last few days so I visited a bunch of people and got a LOT of one on one time with friends I haven't seen in a long long time.  Everyone seems to like my gray hat with the 1920's bow on it.  Everyone says I look good, and am in good spirits, so that's a plus.  Of course, I remind them that I only go out when I'm feeling well and in good spirits.  Trust me, you WON'T see me on a day where I'm feeling yucky!

Anyhow, I think that's all for now.  I'm looking forward to seeing Little Shop of Horrors in a week, working on a new website, an finally cleaning out my file cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment